Friday 1 April 2016

Matt Molloy - ITM Irish flautist

As I promised - the first flutist, who will introduce Matt Molloy. The ITM is regarded as the best player on the Irish flute.

Born January 12, 1947 in County Roscommon in Ballaghaderreen. In eight years, he began playing the Irish flute and seventeen won the All-Ireland Flute Championship. ** He learned from his father and uncle - they came from County Sligo, where there is a long tradition of playing the Irish flute. Matt Molloy's Irish flute playing style, which is used for playing the bagpipes.

  
In the interview from 1997, Matt Molloy says: "My grandfather played as well. And it goes right back into the family on my father’s side. They all played. My grandfather played around the turn of the century. They were all from the Sligo area, South Sligo, which is quite close to where I’m from myself. We’re just across the border in County Roscommon, that’s where I was born."

During the seventies, Matt Molloy was a member of The Bothy Band and its successor, the refounding group Planxty. In 1979 he became a member of The Chieftains, replacing Michael Tubridy. During his career, Molloy worked with the Irish Chamber Orchestra.

He lives in Westport, County Mayo now. Own a famous Matt Molloy's pub. 

My favorite songs from Matt Molloy are:  



That's it all for today. :-) 

0 komentářů:

Post a Comment